- Stay healthy! Please be responsible and respect your safety and the safety of others on and off the courts!
There are many uncertainties surrounding COVID-19. The Black Hills Tennis Association (BHTA) cares deeply about our community! Your health and safety are important to us! We want you to stay informed about the best practices on the courts during these times. Check the United States Tennis Association (USTA) website for tips and recommendations to play tennis safely (usta.com). If you choose to play tennis, be sure to practice safety tips!
- While planning your play on public courts, some basics to remember:
- Have a hand sanitizer in your tennis bag. Use before & after play!
- Consider taking extra precautions such as wearing gloves.
- Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle.
- Have Kleenex in your bag. If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Clean and wipe down your tennis bag, racquets, water bottles, & other tennis-related equipment.
- Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats, and towels.
- Use new balls and a new grip, if possible. Own your ball during the play!
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches (etc.) if you can.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing! Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five). Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- If you do play doubles, avoid all incidental contact!
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet, or other equipment.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
- Arrange to play only with family members or others who live in your household or with individuals who are considered to be low risk.